Subject: Re: Re[2]: E-mail problem
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 20:05:28 -0500

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Aubin, Todd wrote:

> yesterday at 3pm I
> did an email to [email-masked] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE LIGHTWAVE
> in the body. It would be uncool if this event knocked out the subscriber
> list. but its a weird cooincidence. -todd

Mail stopped coming through at around 12 noon and wasn't fixed until 9am 
the following day.  I'm still trying to get an acceptable explanation for 
why this happened, but frankly I'm not too happy with garcia.com's 
service thus far.  The lists have not been online with them for a month 
yet but we have already experienced 3 nights of downtime (not including 
the Thanksgiving weekend that was wracked with problems).

I wouldn't mind the downtime if messages were being lost, but every 
message that was posted over the last 20 hours would be totally lost if 
it weren't for the fact that I have hypermail archiving incoming messages 
on their system.

Now I have to spend another 2 hours forwarding archived messages to the 
list....what a pain in the ass!

                                     -David Warner